Thursday, March 4, 2010

Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo

I love, love, love the rodeo! Did you know that this is the 78th year of the HLSR? 22,000 Houstonians volunteer annually to make it a success! "It's the world's largest livestock exhibition, world's richest regular-season rodeo and the Southwest's premier entertainment event." In 2009 almost 2 million people attended the rodeo making it the third largest fair or festival in North America. Since 1932 the rodeo has contributed more than $250 million to schalorships, research and other educational programs. And if that isn't enough...the mutton busting is sure to be a hit!



It's so much fun, this year we're going with a group of friends to see the Black Eyed Peas - I can't wait!!

3 comments:

efguess said...

So fun! I love "mutton busting". We are so going to let our kids ride sheep when they get older...

ClintandGina said...

I read the blogs of your "buttons" for James Thomas and Luke. It broke my heart to imagine what they are going through. I couldn't help but think of Ava and that she is around the same age as them. I will be praying for those little guys.

The Martin's said...

OMG... we went to mutton bustin' last year or maybe the year before... it was hysterical! I loooove the Houston Rodeo... in fact, I have been craving all the good BBQ and Cajun food that you can eat there!