Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Projects

Now that I know how to sew, I've had a lot of fun doing little projects around the house...

A few weeks ago I painted and upholstered this bench (which didn't require any sewing, but it did require cutting the material, which I think is the hardest part). It now sits at the foot of our bed with a "His" and "Hers" basket for misc. stuff found laying around the house...

I also made this fun apron with Rachel and Sam. We all got together a few weeks ago and cut the patterns and then finished them on our own, it was a lot of fun. Here's the finished product:

Here is it on...which isn't the best picture since I was taking it of myself.

My latest project was a pillow for our guest room. I'm quite proud of this one cause it was the first time I had used trim and velcro and because it only took me 2 hours from start to finish!! I was worried that I would get done and my pillow insert wouldn't fit inside...but it did!

Here's Trinity helping out...


Here I am inserting the pillow into it's case.


AND here is it...resting in it's new home in the guest room!

5 comments:

The Goods said...

Wow...I just love all your fun patterns! The pillow looks like a $50 pillow from some fancy place...way to go Jac Jac!

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

So cute... very impressed my DF (Dear Friend)...

Renee Westcott said...

Great job! I'm telling you...a few more sewing projects and I'm ready to employ you full time!

APage said...

Wow! LOVE them all! You did so well! I would LOVE for you to come craft with me.

ClintandGina said...

Very cute projects......I am impressed!